Van Jones is a Senior Fellow at American Progress focusing on “green-collar jobs” and how cities are implementing job-creating climate solutions. Jones is a globally recognized, award-winning pioneer in human rights and the clean energy economy. He is a co-founder of three successful nonprofit organizations: the Ella Baker Center for Human Rights, Color of Change, and Green For All. He is also the best-selling author of the definitive book on green jobs, The Green Collar Economy. Jones served as the green jobs advisor in the Obama White House in 2009 and is currently a senior policy advisor at Green For All. He also holds a joint appointment at Princeton University as a distinguished visiting fellow in both the Center for African American Studies and in the Program in Science, Technology and Environmental Policy at the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs.
Subscribe to InProgress
By Van Jones
- Clearing the Way for a Native Opportunity in America’s “Sputnik Moment” , January 27, 2011
- Happy Birthday Clean(er) Air: We Still Have a Long Way to Go, September 21, 2010
- Speaking of “Small People”, June 18, 2010
- The Green Collar Economy, October 7, 2008
- Green-Collar Jobs Means Standing Up for People and the Planet, January 23, 2008