AVAILABLE FOR COMMENT: CAP Experts on the Lawsuit Against Rule Protecting Transgender Americans from Health Care Discrimination
Washington, D.C. — Center for American Progress LGBT policy experts are available for comment on the lawsuit filed in federal court in Texas against the Affordable Care Act rule protecting transgender Americans from discrimination by health care providers. The rule prohibits health care providers from denying or limiting treatment to transgender Americans, including gender transition services.
The following experts are available for comment:
- Winnie Stachelberg, Executive Vice President, External Affairs
- Laura E. Durso, Senior Director, LGBT Research and Communications Project
- Kellan Baker, Senior Fellow, LGBT Research and Communications Project
- Ashe McGovern, Policy Analyst, LGBT Research and Communications Project
- Open Doors for All by Kellan Baker
- Moving the Needle by Kellan Baker, Laura E. Durso, and Andrew Cray
- Restoring the Balance by Carolyn Davis, Laura E. Durso, and Carmel Martin
- Why Gender-Identity Nondiscrimination in Insurance Makes Sense by Kellan Baker and Andrew Cray
- We the People by Sarah McBride, Laura E. Durso, Hannah Hussey, Sharita Gruberg, and Bishop Gene Robinson
For more information on this topic or to speak with an expert, contact Tom Caiazza at firstname.lastname@example.org or 202.481.7141.