PRESS CALL TODAY: Experts and French Insiders to Discuss Recent French Election, Consequences for France, the European Economy
Washington, D.C. – Today the Center for American Progress will host a press call at 1:30 p.m. ET, to feature former European Commissioner and President of Policy Network Lord Peter Mandelson and Terra Nova President and Socialist Party parliamentary candidate Olivier Ferrand to discuss the ramifications of the recent French presidential election, president-elect Francois Hollande’s politics, and what his pragmatic, pro-European growth agenda will actually look like in practice. The call will also examine the reasons why austerity measures ultimately failed both economically and politically and led to the defeat of current conservative President Nicolas Sarkozy.
- Neera Tanden, President of the Center for American Progress
- Lord Peter Mandelson, Former first Secretary of State of the United Kingdom, former European Commissioner and President of Policy Network
- Olivier Ferrand, President of Terra Nova and Socialist Party parliamentary candidate
- Matt Browne, Fellow at the Center for American Progress
Monday, May 7, 1:30 p.m. ET
To join the call, please dial 877.210.8943, followed by conference ID number 79377079
To RSVP, contact Christina DiPasquale at 202.481.8181 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- French Progressive Victory Good for Economic Growth, by Matt Browne
- As France Goes, So Does Europe?, by Matt Browne
- "Aux Armes, Citoyens!" by Matt Browne (Huffington Post)
**Please note, this call will be recorded. By participating in the call, you consent to be recorded. **