AVAILABLE FOR COMMENT: CAP Education Experts on Upcoming Administration Waiver Announcement
Washington D.C. — Within the next week Secretary of Education Arne Duncan is expected to announce which states will receive waivers from some requirements of the No Child Left Behind Act. Since the opportunity to apply for education waivers was announced by President Barack Obama in September, experts from the Center for American Progress have been analyzing the program as well as the applications from the 11 states seeking relief from NCLB requirements.
The following CAP education experts are available for comment:
- Cynthia Brown, Vice President for Education Policy
- Jeremy Ayers, Senior Education Analyst
- Ulrich Boser, Senior Fellow
- Education Waivers 101: Eight Questions You Should Ask About Education Waivers by Cynthia Brown and Jeremy Ayers
- No Child Left Behind Waiver Applications: Are they Ambitious and Achievable? by Jeremy Ayers