Washington, D.C. — As the Communist Party’s 18th Congress begins today in China, Center for American Progress Policy Analyst Melanie Hart will be available for comment on the outgoing leadership, new leadership, economic and social challenges, and potential reform. Dr. Hart has recently returned from an information-gathering trip in the country and has authored the recent Center for American Progress report “China’s Real Leadership Question,” which explains the major players and factors in China’s upcoming political transition and describes the numerous challenges the country faces during this transition and well into the future.
CAP series on China’s leadership transition:
- Beijing to Announce New Leaders and Their Portfolios by Melanie Hart
- China’s Need for Innovative, Market-Based Economic Growth by Melanie Hart with Alex Lach
- Corruption and the China Leadership Transition by Melanie Hart with Alex Lach
- Satisfying China’s Rising Middle Class in an Era of Economic Uncertainty by Melanie Hart with Alex Lach
- The U.S. Outlook on China’s Leadership Transition by Melanie Hart with Alex Lach
- China’s 2012 Party Leadership Transition: Key Faces to Watch by Ken Sofer and Philip Ballentine
To speak with Melanie Hart, please contact Christina DiPasquale at 202.481.8181 or firstname.lastname@example.org.