President Barack Obama was in Las Vegas yesterday to make a major speech on “redoubling” White House efforts to pass comprehensive immigration reform. Here are the top 10 reasons why immigration reform is an idea whose time has come.
- Congressional leaders from both parties agree on the principles for reform.
- President Obama has made immigration reform one of his top priorities in his second term.
- The American people strongly support reform.
- The November 6 election was a game-changer.
- Demographics are changing in the United States.
- An ever-growing chorus of Republicans has come out in favor of reform.
- Our border is more secure than ever, and we’ve met our border benchmarks.
- Lack of reform is hindering a range of other policy priorities.
- Immigration reform is an economic imperative.
- We must provide a direct path to citizenship.
For more on this topic, please see: