Repealing the Affordable Care Act Will Negatively Affect Americans
Part of a Series
Conservatives are starting to implement their onslaught to repeal the Affordable Care Act this week as Republicans take control of the House of Representatives. They have scheduled a vote on January 12. If conservatives have their way and repeal the Affordable Care Act, we will go back to a health care system that failed millions of Americans: one with skyrocketing costs bankrupting families and our budget, fewer people with access to quality care, and more people at the mercy of the health insurance industry.
Repealing the Affordable Care Act will:
- Increase premiums for millions of Americans.
- Kill 400,000 jobs annually.
- Increase costs for seniors by as much as $1,500 in 2011.
- Hurt communities of color.
- Increase costs and deficits.
Americans deserve better. We need the Affordable Care Act.
For more on this topic please see: