RELEASE: Trump’s Regulatory Agenda Is an Assault on Women’s Economic Security and Health
Washington, D.C. —Today, the Women’s Initiative at the Center for American Progress released a new issue brief looking at how the Trump administration’s regulatory agenda undercuts the health and economic well-being of women, particularly women of color, in America. The piece explores how rules friendly to big business and social conservatives undermine women’s ability to make decisions about their own bodies, receive equal and fair pay for their work, and protect themselves from sexual harassment and assault. As the authors point out, all of these rules come at a very real cost to women.
The brief’s publication comes on the same day as the U.S. House of Representatives Education and Labor Committee’s Subcommittee on Civil Rights and Human Services holds a hearing to examine the Trump administration’s attacks on gender-based protections.
The nonexhaustive list of regulatory actions explored in the piece include:
- Threatening private abortion coverage
- Undermining the Affordable Care Act’s birth control benefit
- Eroding equal pay by halting pay data collection on the EEO-1 form
- Weakening Title IX and putting students at greater risk of sexual harassment and assault
- Dismantling the nation’s Title X family planning network
- Eliminating key nondiscrimination protections in health care
- Limiting an increase in the overtime threshold
Please click here to read: “Women Have Paid the Price for Trump’s Regulatory Agenda” by Osub Ahmed, Shilpa Phadke, and Diana Boesch
For more information or to speak with an expert, please contact Colin Seeberger at email@example.com or 202.741.6292.