AVAILABLE FOR COMMENT: CAP Experts on Rep. Paul Ryan’s Poverty Speech
Washington, D.C. — Tomorrow, the following experts from the Center for American Progress will be available to discuss House Budget Committee Chairman Paul Ryan’s (R-WI) speech on poverty.
If past is prologue, CAP experts expect that Rep. Ryan will couch proposals to consolidate and ultimately cut programs that help working-class families in language about empowering communities, streamlining access to services, and promoting work. But pull back the layers, and his proposals are an outgrowth of his radical budget blueprint, which would dramatically exacerbate poverty and inequality. Read more here.
- Neera Tanden, President, Center for American Progress
- Former Gov. Ted Strickland (D-OH), President of the Center for American Progress Action Fund, Counselor to the Center for American Progress
- Melissa Boteach, Vice President, Half in Ten and Poverty to Prosperity Program
To speak with a CAP expert on this topic, please contact Katie Peters at 202.741.6285 or email@example.com.
- The Speech Rep. Paul Ryan Should Give by Melissa Boteach
- The Safety Net Is Good Economic Policy: What Rep. Paul Ryan Gets Wrong About the War on Poverty by Sarah Ayres