ADVISORY: Reproductive Rights Advocates Join CAP to Discuss Strategies for the Next Generation
Washington, D.C. – In anticipation of the 40th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the Center for American Progress will host a lively debate on the strategies reproductive rights activists can use over the next 40 years to secure the full promise of Roe. As our country’s demographics rapidly change, what does Roe mean to the rising electorate? What does the base of supporters look like now and in the future? How will the success in securing near-universal contraceptive coverage affect the landscape? What strategies can be employed—legal, policy, organizing, communications, and more—to engage new supporters and to ensure that Roe provides meaningful protections for all women?
- Tara McGuinness, Senior Vice President for Communications, Center for American Progress; Executive Director, Center for American Progress Action Fund
- Jessica Arons, Director, Women’s Health & Rights Program, Center for American Progress
- Jessica Gonzalez-Rojas, Executive Director, National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health
- Heather Holdridge, Director of Digital Strategy, Planned Parenthood
- Lynn Paltrow, Executive Director, National Advocates for Pregnant Women
- Heidi Williamson, Senior Policy Analyst, Women’s Health and Rights Program, Center for American Progress
Wednesday, January 16, 2013
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
A light lunch will be served at 11:30 a.m.
Center for American Progress
1333 H St. NW, 10th Floor