ADVISORY: New Speakers, Including Govs. Sandoval, O’Malley, and Granholm, Added to “National Clean Energy Summit 6.0″
Las Vegas, NV — “National Clean Energy Summit 6.0: Energizing Tomorrow” is pleased to announce additional speakers and panelists at the annual summit at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas on August 13, 2013. Govs. Brian Sandoval (R-NV), Martin O’Malley (D-MD), and former Gov. Jennifer Granholm (D-MI) will participate in a special panel, “Clean Energy Solutions in States,” where they will address how states can help improve the business environment for investing in renewable energy, clean fuels, and the clean energy infrastructure. This panel will be moderated by the Clean Energy Project’s Chairwoman Rose McKinney-James.
President and CEO of NV Energy Michael Yackira, president and CEO of MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company Greg Abel, and CEO of Recurrent Energy Arno Harris will take part in the “21st Century Energy Market” panel moderated by Nevada Treasurer Kate Marshall, where they will discuss measures to improve regional collaboration in electricity markets in order to facilitate clean energy development, reduce electricity prices, and improve grid reliability. Newly appointed cabinet members Secretary of the Interior Sally Jewell and Secretary of Energy Ernest Moniz are keynote speakers for the event.
The annual conference is hosted by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), the Center for American Progress, the Clean Energy Project, MGM Resorts International, and the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. Clean energy visionaries, business leaders, students, and a bipartisan panel of politicians will convene this year to discuss the importance of making clean energy choices that will have a positive impact on our future. Insight from these experts will provide the tools to enlighten and empower the public to promote clean energy, strengthen our energy independence, and create jobs.
“National Clean Energy Summit 6.0: Energizing Tomorrow” confirmed speakers include:
* Newly confirmed speakers
- Sen. Harry Reid (D-NV), Senate Majority Leader
- John Podesta, Chair, Center for American Progress
- Secretary Ernest Moniz, Department of Energy
- Secretary Sally Jewell, Department of the Interior
- Former Sen. Byron Dorgan (D-ND); Senior Fellow, Bipartisan Policy Center
- Former Sen. Trent Lott (R-MS); Senior Fellow, Bipartisan Policy Center
- Former Sen. Timothy Wirth (D-CO); Vice Chair, United Nations Foundation and the Better World Fund
- *Former Gov. Jennifer Granholm (D-MI)
- *Gov. Martin O’Malley (D-MD)
- *Gov. Brian Sandoval (R-NV)
- *Rose McKinney-James, Chair, Clean Energy Project
- Kathryn D. Sullivan, Acting Under Secretary of Commerce, Oceans and Atmosphere; Acting Administrator, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Patricia Mulroy, General Manager, Southern Nevada Water Authority
- Michael Peevey, President, California Public Utilities Commission
- *Greg Abel, Chairman, President, and CEO, MidAmerican Energy Holdings Company
- *Michael Yackira, President and CEO, NV Energy
- *Arno Harris, CEO, Recurrent Energy
- *Kate Marshall, Nevada State Treasurer
- Phyllis Cuttino, Director, Clean Energy Program, PEW Charitable Trusts
- Matthew Nordan, Vice President, Venrock (Venture Capital Firm)
- Ethan Zindler, Head of Policy Analysis, Bloomberg New Energy Finance (BNEF)
- Chris Taylor, Executive Director, West Coast Infrastructure Exchange
- Neal Smatresk, President, University of Nevada, Las Vegas
Tuesday, August 13, 2013
9:00 a.m. PT – 6:00 p.m. PT
Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino
3050 S. Las Vegas Blvd.
Las Vegas, NV 89109
To register for Summit 6.0, read more information about the panels and panelists, or view periodic updates and notices, please visit cleanenergysummit.org.