STATEMENT: Neera Tanden on the Administration’s Contraception Compromise
Washington, D.C. — Today, Neera Tanden, President of the Center for American Progress, released the following statement regarding the compromise announced by President Barack Obama to accommodate religious liberty in the rule to offer no-cost contraception coverage:
Today’s administration announcement on contraception is a rare example of a win-win policy solution that preserves the health of women and the religious freedom of both individual workers and faith-based institutions. The White House has worked with faith leaders and public health advocates to make sure that all Americans will be guaranteed vital access to no-cost contraception while respecting the conscience of faith-based hospitals and universities.
The following CAP experts are available for comment:
- Neera Tanden, President
- Tara McGuinness, Senior VP for Communications
- Jessica Arons, Director of the Women’s Health and Rights Program
To speak with an expert, please contact Katie Peters at email@example.com or 202.741.6285.
Related posts from ThinkProgress.org:
- Large Catholic Institutions Offered Contraception Even Before Required to Do So
- Catholic Bishops Demand All Businesses Be Given The Right To Deny Women Contraception Coverage
- Six Republican Senators – Including Snowe And Collins – Co-Sponsored Federal Contraception Mandate in 2001
- Nation’s Largest Catholic University: We Offer ‘A Prescription Contraceptive Benefit’
- Over 600 Physicians, including 70 Catholics, Speak Out in Favor of HHS Contraception Ruling (Doctors for America)