Partnerships Associate/Partnerships Strategist
Director of Partnerships
Staff reporting to this position:
Advocacy and Outreach
Exempt, full time
Hybrid (on-site two days per week, Washington, D.C., office)
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Partnerships Associate or Partnerships Strategist to support the Digital Advocacy team’s coordination and amplification efforts to build the case for progressive policies and values.
With Americans facing an increasing volume of news and media content, it has never been more important to amplify progressive policies and build up the necessary communications infrastructure to break through the noise and reach key audiences—and American Progress is committed to leading the way.
A strong candidate for this role will work as part of a team that builds relationships across the progressive political landscape in order to promote messaging and content, ultimately improving the performance and reach of progressive policy content online. They will have a keen interest in and understanding of relationship management, how content gets disseminated across platforms, progressive influencers and organizations, and the progressive landscape. The Associate or Strategist’s responsibilities include managing relationships with other progressive operatives and organizations, identifying opportunities for partner engagement and expansion, and supporting the execution of the partnerships team’s strategy.
This role will be driven by American Progress’ mission to improve the lives of all Americans through bold, progressive ideas as well as strong leadership and concerted action, with the aim of not only changing the conversation, but changing the country. The Associate or Strategist will be part of a dynamic Advocacy and Outreach department that supports work across the organization’s strategic priorities, including ensuring that Americans see, feel, and understand the difference progressive economic policies make in their lives, and exposing and driving a narrative to combat the threats posed by the extreme MAGA policy agenda.
This is a full-time position funded for one year, with the opportunity for extensions.
- Help identify, track, cultivate, and strengthen the Center for American Progress Action Fund’s external relationships with partners across the progressive landscape.
- Identify opportunities for collaboration and/or engagement between CAP Action and its partners, including pitching content for promotion on social media, video collaborations, event opportunities, messaging strategy, and more.
- Support management of a robust online community of more than 300 progressive partners.
- Manage specified partnerships, serving as the lead point of contact and ensuring a strong relationship is established and maintained.
- Identify new potential partners and ways to expand and deepen CAP Action’s work with both progressive political and nonpolitical voices.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices for digital content and distribution.
- Share feedback from and among partners on content performance, effective tactics, and emerging needs.
- Support the planning and execution of events and trainings for partners.
- Track and report out on metrics and progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of professional experience in partnerships, social media, political organizing, and/or advocacy for the Partnerships Associate role and three to five years of experience for the Partnerships Strategist role.
- Strong understanding of progressive policies and the broader progressive community of organizations, elected officials, and operatives.
- Strong relationships within the progressive movement are a plus.
- Expert networking skills.
- Proactive and a self-starter.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, often in rapid-response or high-pressure situations.
- Creative and committed to innovation and experimentation.
- Open to developing new skills as needed.
- A positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefits packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70. The Partnerships Associate position has a minimum salary of $55,000 and the Partnerships Strategist has a minimum salary of $61,000.
American Progress’ hybrid work policy is posted on our Jobs page. Please visit this page for updates. Any changes to this policy will also be communicated at the time of hire.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
American Progress is dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is more than a commitment at American Progress—it is the foundation of what we do. American Progress recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and all the other characteristics that make us unique.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.