Administrative and Operations Assistant/Associate, Inclusive Growth
Senior Vice President, Inclusive Growth
Staff reporting to this position: None
Department: Inclusive Growth
Position classification: Exempt, full time
Minimum compensation: $52,000/$55,000
Work site: Hybrid (on-site two days per week, Washington, D.C., office)
American Progress has an immediate opening for an Administrative and Operations Assistant or Associate in the Inclusive Growth department, which includes the Inclusive Economy, Health Policy, and Women’s Initiative teams. The department’s work is dedicated to addressing the deep inequities in the economy to ensure that all Americans can live secure and stable lives.
The Administrative and Operations Assistant or Associate will be driven by American Progress’ mission to improve the lives of all Americans through bold, progressive ideas as well as strong leadership and concerted action, with the aim of not only changing the conversation, but changing the country. This work will include connecting the department’s policy efforts with the organization’s five crosscutting priorities:
- Building an economy for all
- Restoring social trust in democracy
- Advancing racial equity and justice
- Tackling climate change and environmental injustice
- Strengthening health
- Serve as executive assistant to the Inclusive Growth department’s Senior Vice President by coordinating their schedule and maintaining strict confidence on sensitive matters.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and conferences for team leads within the department.
- Maintain project management systems and processes to track workflows; collect metrics associated with team and department work plans and impact goals; and manage collaboration within the department.
- Coordinate and work closely with colleagues across the organization, particularly across policy departments, with the guidance of the department’s Senior Vice President or Policy Manager.
- Provide logistical support for department public events, conferences, and external meetings.
- Help identify and maintain press coverage records and metrics across the department.
- Provide administrative support for hiring and onboarding new staff as well as executing intern programming.
- Coordinate staff and visitor travel.
- Process invoices, contracts, and other administrative forms for the department.
- Occasionally research, draft, and/or edit letters, invitations, memos, and other documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- At least one to two years of professional experience providing administrative support to a senior leader for the Assistant position; at least two to four years of experience for the Associate position.
- Strong organizational skills and attention the detail.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team.
- Self-starter who seeks direction as needed.
- Ability to initiate projects and balance multiple projects at once.
- Responsibility and experience with effectively managing staff.
- Commitment to American Progress’ mission and goals.
- Demonstrated commitment to racial and economic equity.
- Strong preference is given to career administrative professionals.
American Progress offers a full and competitive benefits package. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70. The Administrative and Operations Assistant position has a minimum salary of $52,000, and the Administrative and Operations Associate position has a minimum salary of $55,000.
We will continue to monitor COVID-19 and the levels of community spread and adjust plans as needed for in-office work. Any changes to our current hybrid work policy will be communicated at the time of hire. Updates will be posted on American Progress’ Jobs page.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
American Progress is dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is more than a commitment at American Progress—it is the foundation of what we do. American Progress recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and all the other characteristics that make us unique.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to center-for-american-progress.vipdev.lndo.site. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.