RSVP to Katie Peters at firstname.lastname@example.org
Washington, D.C. — As the fiscal showdown in Washington continues, the Center for American Progress will host a press call today to unveil a comprehensive tax reform and deficit reduction plan. Earlier this year, knowing that our nation’s leaders would soon be confronting key budget and tax issues, the Center for American Progress convened a group of leading economic experts—including former White House Chiefs of Staff, former U.S. Treasury Department Secretaries, and former Directors of the National Economic Council—to develop a plan that would address some of the most serious flaws in the federal tax code and achieve meaningful deficit reduction. On the press call, the proposal’s authors will detail how their plan will reduce the federal budget deficit by $4.1 trillion over the next 10 years while offering measures to boost the economy in the short run as our nation recovers from the recession.
- Neera Tanden, President of the Center for American Progress
- John Podesta, Chair and Counselor of the Center for American Progress
- Robert Rubin, Co-Chair, Council on Foreign Relations and Former U.S. Treasury Secretary
- Roger Altman, Founder and Executive Chairman of Evercore Partners
- Leslie Samuels, Former Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy of the U.S. Department of the Treasury
- Antonio Weiss, Global Head of Investment Banking, Lazard
- William Daley, Former White House Chief of Staff and Former Commerce Secretary
Tuesday, December 4, 2012, at 1:30 p.m.
Conference ID # 75210495
Confirm your participation by emailing Katie Peters at email@example.com