Washington, D.C. — On Wednesday, November 19, 2014, the Center for American Progress will host its second annual Making Progress policy conference in Washington, D.C. From the importance of building a strong middle class and the impending challenges of climate change to the changing face of the nation and its postures internationally, the Making Progress policy conference will focus on important issues facing the nation today.
The event will feature some of the rising stars of progressive policy and politics, including:
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julián Castro
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Gina McCarthy
- U.N. Ambassador Samantha Power
- Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-MA)
- Sen. Cory Booker (D-NJ)
- Sen. Tammy Baldwin (D-WI)
- Colorado Gov. John Hickenlooper (D)
- California Attorney General Kamala Harris
- New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio (D), and others to be announced.
See a complete list of speakers and panels here.
Wednesday, November 19, 2014
9:00 AM – 4:30 PM
1127 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, D.C. 20036
The event is open to invited press only. RSVP is required to attend.
To RSVP,contact Katie Murphy at gro.ssergorpnacirema@yhprumk.