Contact: Katy Green
Washington, DC – The influx of child refugees fleeing violence at the U.S. border has solicited a wide variety of responses from both the Obama Administration and Congress alike. And with a week full of House Hearings on this topic, policy experts are weighing-in to set the facts straight and offer their reactions to the recent developments surrounding this ongoing humanitarian issue.
Kevin Appleby, Director of Migration Policy, U.S. Conference of Catholic Bishops
Most Reverend Mark J. Seitz, Bishop Diocese of El Paso, Texas
Leslie E. Vélez, Senior Protection Officer, United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees
Wendy Young, President, Kids in Need of Defense (KIND)
Michelle Brané, Director of Migrant Rights and Justice, Women’s Refugee Commission
Wednesday, June 25th
Dial-in Number: 866-952-1907
- Recording of our last call HERE.
- Philip E. Wolgin and Angela Maria Kelley, “5 Things You Need to Know About Unaccompanied Children,” Center for American Progress, June 18, 2014.
- UNHCR, “Children on the Run,” May 2014
- UC Hastings and KIND, “A Treacherous Journey: Child Migrants Navigating the U.S. Immigration System.” February 2014
- WOLA, “Mexico’s Other Border, “Security Migration, and the Humanitarian Crisis At the Line with Central America.”
- Women’s Refugee Commission, “Forced From Home: The Lost Boys and Girls of Central America.