Taking Control of the Fight Against Terrorists: A Progressive Strategy to Protect Americans
The Center for American Progress Action Fund, The Center for American Progress’ sister organization, released a report today detailing a progressive strategy for increasing American national security and decreasing the threat of terrorism.
Taking Control of the Fight Against Terrorists: A Progressive Strategy to Protect Americans argues that the United States can take back control of national security with a comprehensive strategy that integrates all components of American power.
It argues that America must:
- Change the course in Iraq and complete the military mission at a time of our choosing
- Restore U.S. military readiness
- Go on the offensive against the real enemy in the right way
- Secure nuclear materials and facilities vulnerable to terrorist groups
- Bring terrorists to justice
- Win the battle of ideas
- Resolve conflicts that fuel terrorist groups
- Support realistic political reform and economic development
- Protect Americans at home
- Reduce America’s dependence on foreign oil
Read the full report: