The Center for American Progress (“CAP”) is a District of Columbia nonprofit corporation and is operated as a public charity. It has received official IRS recognition of its tax-exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Our federal ID number is 30-0126510. Donations to CAP are tax deductible and may be disclosed to the IRS. The Center for American Progress Action Fund (“CAP Action”) is a nonpartisan, 501(c)(4) District of Columbia nonprofit corporation dedicated to achieving progress through action. Donations to CAP Action are not tax deductible and may also be disclosed to the IRS.
As required by law, our IRS financial disclosures are always provided to anyone requesting a copy. A copy of CAP’s and CAP Action’s latest financial report may be obtained by writing to Center for American Progress or Center for American Progress Action Fund, 1333 H St., NW, Suite 100E, Washington, D.C., 20005 or by calling 202.682.1611.
Additionally, certain States require us to advise you that a copy of our financial report is available from them.
If you are a resident of the following states, you may obtain information directly by contacting:
- Colorado: Colorado residents may obtain copies of registration and financial documents from the office of the Secretary of State, (303) 894-2680, http://www.sos.state.co.us/.
- FLORIDA: A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION OF CAP OR CAP ACTION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING 1-800-435-7352, TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE, OR VIA THE INTERNET AT 800HELPFLA.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE. CAP’s registration number in Florida is CH 20092 and CAP Action’s is CH 20155.
- Georgia: A full and fair description of the programs of CAP and CAP Action and our financial statement summary are available upon request at the office indicated above.
- Maryland: Copies of documents and information submitted by CAP or CAP Action are available for the cost of copies and postage from the Secretary of State, Statehouse, Annapolis, MD 21401, 1-410-974-5534.
- Michigan: CAP MISC 35294.
- Mississippi: The official registration and financial information of CAP and CAP Action may be obtained from the Mississippi Secretary of State’s office by calling 1-888-236-6167. Registration by the Secretary of State does not imply endorsement by the Secretary of State.
- New Jersey: INFORMATION FILED WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL CONCERNING THIS CHARITABLE SOLICITATION AND THE PERCENTAGE OF CONTRIBUTIONS RECEIVED BY THE CHARITY DURING THE LAST REPORTING PERIOD THAT WERE DEDICATED TO THE CHARITABLE PURPOSE MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE ATTORNEY GENERAL OF THE STATE OF NEW JERSEY BY CALLING (973) 504-6215 AND IS AVAILABLE ON THE INTERNET AT http://www.state.nj.us/lps/ca/charfrm.htm. REGISTRATION WITH THE ATTORNEY GENERAL DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT.
- New York: New York residents may obtain a copy of CAP’s and CAP Action’s annual report by writing to the Office of the Attorney General, Department of Law, Charities Bureau, 120 Broadway, New York, NY 10271.
- North Carolina: FINANCIAL INFORMATION ABOUT CAP and CAP ACTION AND COPIES OF THEIR LICENSES ARE AVAILABLE FROM THE STATE LICENSING BRANCH AT 1-888-830-4989 (WITHIN NORTH CAROLINA) or (919) 807-2214 (OUTSIDE OF NORTH CAROLINA). THE LICENSE IS NOT AN ENDORSEMENT BY THE STATE.
- Pennsylvania: The official registration and financial information of CAP and CAP Action may be obtained from Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free within the state 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.
- Virginia: A financial statement for the most recent fiscal year is available upon request from the State Office of Consumer Affairs, in the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, P.O. Box 1163, Richmond, VA 23218
- Washington: You may obtain additional financial disclosure information by contacting the Office of the Secretary of State, State of Washington, Olympia, WA 98504-0422; 1-800-332-4483 or 1-800-332-GIVE.
- West Virginia: West Virginia residents may obtain a summary of the registration and financial documents from the Secretary of State, State Capital, Charleston, WV 25305. Registration does not imply endorsement.