With Americans facing an increasing onslaught of news and media content it has never been more important to amplify progressive policies and build up the necessary communications infrastructure to break through the noise and reach key audiences and CAP Action is committed to leading the way.
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Director of Analytics to join the CAP Action War Room’s amplification and distribution efforts to build the case for progressive policies and values. With Americans facing a greater onslaught of news and media content than ever before, it has never been more important to build hyper-targeted strategies to break through the noise and reach key audiences.
A strong candidate for this role will work as part of a team that creates, analyzes, and distributes compelling content across the progressive media landscape—both political and otherwise—in order to improve the performance of progressives online and help to close the engagement gap on progressive content. The Director of Analytics’ responsibilities include developing the strategy for and managing a team that measures content performance, identifies and pursues trends and engagement opportunities, and tracks key issue areas and conversations across platforms tied to CAP Action’s strategic priorities.
This is a full-time position funded through March 2022.
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Strategic Partnerships, develop a data- and insights-driven strategic plan to develop and implement scalable solutions for CAP Action’s social media program and partnerships strategy.
- Manage a team of analytics associates.
- Conduct organic social media measurement (audience engagement, campaign effectiveness, share of voice, etc.), surfacing actionable insights across CAP Action.
- Develop a robust content-testing strategy to yield regular, actionable insights.
- Create, review, and schedule reports to a wide range of audiences, both internal and external, that provide clear and actionable insights.
- Partner with the broader CAP Action team to champion the use of data and analytics solutions to drive impactful social media initiatives. Help mentor the War Room team to embrace a culture of regular, daily, and data-based decision-making.
- Leverage social listening tools to help CAP Action stay on the forefront of emerging social media trends for progressive politics.
- Synthesize analytics and statistical approaches into easy-to-consume storylines and recommended actions for the CAP Action team and other stakeholders, both visually and verbally.
- Facilitate data democratization through design and delivery of data visualizations (e.g. Tableau, Domo) where necessary.
Requirements and qualifications:
- At least eight years of professional experience in social media, audience development, and/or analytics.
- Previously demonstrated team leadership skills and high level of competency in a supervisory or management role.
- Expertise in social measurement and social listening tools (e.g. Newswhip, CrowdTangle, Sprinklr, Meltwater).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive and a self-starter.
- Political experience on a campaign or with an advocacy group or nonprofit is a plus.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, often in rapid-response or high-pressure situations.
- Creative and committed to innovation and experimentation.
- Open to developing new skills as needed.
- A positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefits packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position has a starting salary of $90,000.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
American Progress is dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is more than a commitment at American Progress—it is the foundation of what we do. American Progress recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and all the other characteristics that make us unique.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.