American Progress has an immediate opening for a Creative Project Manager to join CAP Action’s growing creative team. The CAP Action War Room’s mission is to develop innovative and compelling visual content that builds the emotional and visual case for progressive policies and values.
A strong candidate for this role will work as part of a digital team that creates shareable graphics, advertisements, websites, email newsletters, and videos. The Creative Project Manager’s responsibilities include overseeing the production process behind the deliverables CAP Action produces, ensuring that the team navigates tight turnarounds, and coordinating tasks and activities with internal and external stakeholders.
The ideal candidate for this role is an excellent problem solver, actively monitoring project status and proactively communicating and addressing any challenges that arise. The Creative Project Manager will resolve obstacles and manage change requests as needed, working across teams to adjust timelines, project scope, and/or resources as needed. They will ensure stakeholder feedback is incorporated in a timely manner and that final deliverables meet project requirements.
This is a full-time position funded through March 2022.
- Manage, optimize, and execute projects that advance CAP Action’s strategic goals.
- Keep all timelines and project plans up to date, identifying process gaps, workflow improvement needs, resource deficiencies, and potential roadblocks—and escalate to the Senior Director of Digital Creative as needed.
- Lead weekly product meetings where the Creative team reviews upcoming deliverables and assesses work flow across video and design teams.
- Review new requests and gather relevant information and scope of project so it can be assigned.
- Move projects forward, ensuring the right resources are assigned to the right projects and all necessary parties are informed of the latest developments.
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of the creative team’s processes, proactively proposing new ideas and methods to improve overall performance and efficiency.
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends and best practices in project management.
- Manage and traffic deliverables to internal approvers during the review process.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in production or a related major and three to five years of professional experience.
- Detail-oriented, process-driven with an understanding of what goes into the creative process.
- A forward-thinking mindset and unique ability to anticipate and solve problems before they occur.
- Ability to get things done through well-executed processes and fostering a cooperative team spirit.
- Ability to interpret creative briefs and understand the resources and skills required to deliver high-quality work.
- Experience working in content production at a news organization, creative agency, political organization, or nonprofit.
- Knowledge of basic project management tools, interfaces, and visual asset databases.
- Extremely strong organizational and communications skills.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- A solid understanding of the creative process and cross-media ad specs for digital is preferred.
- Sound editorial and ethical judgment.
- Highly creative with a commitment to innovation and experimentation.
- A positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
- Collaborative and open to developing new skills as needed.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefits packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position has a starting salary of $60,000.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
American Progress is dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is more than a commitment at American Progress—it is the foundation of what we do. American Progress recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and all the other characteristics that make us unique.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.