With Americans facing an increasing onslaught of news and media content, it has never been more important to amplify progressive policies and build up the necessary communications infrastructure to break through the noise and reach key audiences—and American Progress is committed to leading the way.
American Progress has an immediate opening for an Analytics Associate to join the War Room’s amplification and distribution efforts to build the case for progressive policies and values.
A strong candidate for this role will work as part of a team that creates, analyzes, and distributes compelling content across the progressive media landscape—both political and otherwise—in order to improve the performance of progressives online and help to close the engagement gap on progressive content. The Analytics Associate’s responsibilities include measuring content performance, identifying and pursuing trends and engagement opportunities, and tracking key issue areas and conversations across platforms tied to American Progress’ strategic priorities.
This is a full-time position funded through March 2022.
- In partnership with the Director of Analytics, help develop a data- and insights-driven strategic plan to develop and implement scalable solutions for American Progress’ social media program and partnerships strategy.
- Conduct organic social media measurement (audience engagement, campaign effectiveness, share of voice, etc.), surfacing actionable insights across American Progress.
- Contribute to the creation of a robust content-testing strategy to yield regular, actionable insights.
- Create, review, and schedule reports to a wide range of audiences—internal and external—that provide clear and actionable insights.
- Leverage social listening tools to help American Progress stay on the forefront of emerging social media trends for progressive politics.
- Help synthesize analytics and statistical approaches into easy-to-consume storylines and recommended actions for the War Room team and other stakeholders, both visually and verbally.
- Develop and maintain workflows to collect, clean, and transform data for insights.
Requirements and qualifications:
- One to three years of professional experience in analytics, audience development, and/or social media.
- Competency in SQL, R, or Python, or equivalent data analysis language.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, especially in presenting quantitative insights.
- Familiarity with social measurement and social listening tools, such as NewsWhip, CrowdTangle, and Meltwater, is a plus.
- Proactive and a self-starter.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news.
- Detail-oriented with the ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, often in rapid-response situations.
- Creative and committed to innovation and experimentation.
- Open to developing new skills as needed.
- A positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefits packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70 at union level 3 and has an approximate starting salary of $60,000.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
American Progress is dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is more than a commitment at American Progress—it is the foundation of what we do. American Progress recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and all the other characteristics that make us unique.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.