The Digital Fundraising Associate is a new role at American Progress that was created to work closely with the Development team to scale up the direct appeal fundraising program. This role is part of the Email Marketing team under the larger Digital Strategy team. The person in this position will be responsible for a variety of production needs related to online fundraising and will also help project manage donation campaigns, from goals setting to production to metrics analysis. A successful candidate must be able to work well in collaboration with many different partners on technical, marketing, fundraising, editorial, and progressive policy teams, using excellent communication and time management skills to keep projects on track. This is a one-year, limited-term position with the option for permanent employment to follow.
- Create and edit donation forms and related autoresponders, thank you pages, tracking documents, and more.
- Produce and send fundraising emails, including by coding in HTML, uploading and segmenting audiences, adding link tracking, formatting images, setting up A/B tests, and more.
- Draft related social media posts as needed in collaboration with the Social Media team and other stakeholders.
- Manage workflows and approval processes for fundraising text, forms, visual assets, and other related work.
- Monitor email and donation metrics and produce analytics reports.
- Track email and digital fundraising best practices and other insights to collaboratively identify and execute improvements within the Development and Digital Strategy teams.
- Assist with other email sends and additional tasks as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- One to three years of relevant job experience.
- Past experience using online fundraising software such as Salsa, Convio/Luminate, Engaging Networks, and Blue State Digital.
- Experience using email marketing software such as ExactTarget, Eloqua, or Convio/Luminate is preferred.
- Proficiency with HTML and image editing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets.
- Proficiency with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS), quality assurance processes, and email template building and editing are all bonuses.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and a great attention to detail.
- Commitment to American Progress’ mission and goals.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefit packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
American Progress is dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is more than a commitment at American Progress—it is the foundation of what we do. American Progress recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and all the other characteristics that make us unique.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.