American Progress has an immediate opening for a Research Assistant for the Race and Ethnicity Policy team and the Technology Policy team. The Research Assistant will assist the Vice President of Race and Ethnicity Policy and the Vice President of Technology Policy with scheduling, event coordination, and research support. This position calls for a highly organized and detail-oriented individual with strong writing skills.
- Conduct and support research and analysis.
- Draft written products to help influence the policy debate, including memos, reports, rapid-response statements, and op-eds.
- Schedule appointments, meetings, and conferences as well as coordinate staff and visitor travel.
- Provide logistical support for all-staff meetings, public events, and conferences.
- Create, organize, and maintain accurate written and electronic files and databases.
- Process invoices and other administrative forms.
- Draft, review, and edit letters, invitations, and other documents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- At least one year of professional experience.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Superb research and writing ability.
- Self-starter who takes initiative and seeks direction as needed.
- Ability to coordinate between multiple managers and teams.
- Strong interest in race and ethnicity and technology policy issues; some experience working on or expertise in these issues is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to plan ahead, set priorities, and multitask.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Commitment to American Progress’ mission and goals.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70. This position is budgeted at $46,000 annually.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
American Progress is dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is more than a commitment at American Progress—it is the foundation of what we do. American Progress recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and all the other characteristics that make us unique.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.