American Progress has an immediate opening for a Desktop Support Technician. The Desktop Support Technician will be the front-line support person who will field technical requests from the user community and handle routine support and maintenance tasks.
- Field the American Progress user community’s requests and support calls.
- Handle routine desktop support tasks—including user setups, terminations, equipment moves, and troubleshooting.
- Provide Windows and macOS technical support.
- Use SmartDeploy and Addigy or other imaging solutions for operating systems deployment.
- Deploy software using management tools.
- Update user-facing guides and internal procedures on American Progress’ intranet using Atlassian Confluence.
- Update inventory information in American Progress’ inventory management system.
- Use Microsoft Active Directory and Office 365 to manage user permissions.
- Assist with provisioning mobile and loan devices and managing their inventory.
- Work alongside other information technology staff to solve more complex support tasks.
- Document procedures for support tasks.
- Video conference support using Microsoft Teams, Skype for Business, and GoToMeeting.
- Help users understand how to use American Progress’ various technology platforms.
- Provide technical training.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- At least one year of experience supporting and maintaining computers in a business environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals.
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365 and Azure.
- Experience with technology and audio/video in conference rooms.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
American Progress is dedicated to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion. Diversity is more than a commitment at American Progress—it is the foundation of what we do. American Progress recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of race, religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, color, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and all the other characteristics that make us unique.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.