American Progress has an immediate opening for an Audience Development Manager to manage the Center for American Progress Action Fund’s amplification and distribution efforts around building the case for progressive policies, values, and candidates.
Applicants should have a keen understanding of how content gets disseminated across digital platforms. With Americans facing a greater onslaught of news and media content than ever before, it has never been more important to build hypertargeted strategies to break through the clutter and reach key audiences.
A strong candidate for this role should be able to think creatively about organic and paid distribution and amplification of content across all social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google Search, and YouTube. Content will include videos, graphics, and microsites that help shine a light on and tear down President Donald Trump’s harmful policies and build up the case for a progressive future.
This is a full-time position funded through December 2020.
- Manage CAP Action Fund’s digital content amplification and distribution efforts.
- Track and report on who engages with CAP Action Fund content.
- Build out and manage state-based and issue-based influencer and stakeholder lists.
- Pitch content to and help cultivate relationships with digital leads for key policy influencers and stakeholders, progressive candidates, elected officials, relevant Twitter and Facebook groups, and coalition partners.
- Manage day-to-day execution of CAP Action Fund’s digital coordination efforts, including drafting email updates and managing and moderating Twitter direct message groups and Facebook group conversations.
- Work closely with the Digital Strategy, Communications, story bank, and campaigns teams to ensure that content is tailored to the platforms and audiences that American Progress is trying to reach.
- Help brainstorm innovative and creative digital content ideas that help move the needle on American Progress’ core fights and resonate with our target audiences.
- Manage and execute paid media buys on Facebook and Google Search.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and best practices for digital content distribution.
Requirements and qualifications:
- At least 3 to 5 years of professional experience in social media, audience development, or digital content creation.
- Political experience on a campaign or with an advocacy group or nonprofit is a plus.
- A solid understanding of progressive values and policies and how they intersect with the news.
- Strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Sound editorial and ethical judgment.
- Detail oriented with an ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, oftentimes in rapid-response or high-pressure situations.
- Familiarity with Facebook Insights, Twitter analytics, and other social listening tools.
- Creative with a commitment to innovation and experimentation.
- Open to developing new skills as needed.
- A positive team player with a passion for progressive change.
- Collaborative and fun to work with!
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
American Progress offers full and competitive benefits packages. Candidates from diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.