American Progress is seeking an Email Marketing Associate to help promote progressive policies and ideas among targeted audiences. The Email Marketing Associate will be a part of the Digital Strategy team, which is responsible for marketing American Progress’ work to highly segmented audiences, including elected officials; national, state, and local advocates; policy organizations and think tanks; and more.
The ideal candidate is a team player who has experience in online communications and an interest in leveraging email to grow, educate, and engage audiences. We are looking for someone who understands the technical and design aspects of email marketing as well as the use of email to reach different audiences effectively. This person must be a fast learner who is passionate about progressive values, has excellent attention to detail, and is skilled at managing multiple tasks in a demanding and fast-paced environment.
In their cover letter, applicants should describe their experience working in online communications, including which email marketing software, databases, or other tools they have used. They should also state the extent of their HTML abilities.
- Draft audience-appropriate summary text to market American Progress’ work and code emails in HTML for a variety of email types, including newsletters, event invitations, report releases, and more.
- Manage the email send process from start to finish, working with several teams to finalize content and schedule.
- Collaborate closely with teammates to translate policy ideas into email marketing and maintain American Progress’ high-quality email production process.
- Help monitor main American Progress reply inboxes and fulfill unsubscribe requests, as well as other list health tasks as needed.
- Represent the Digital Strategy team in trainings and meetings.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One to three years of experience in online communications and email marketing, ideally at a nonprofit, public policy, or political organization.
- Working knowledge of HTML.
- Experience working with an email marketing platform such as Eloqua, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Salsa, or EveryAction.
- Ability to craft messaging for different marketing needs, including report summaries, action campaigns, and fundraising.
- Knowledge of email design best practices.
- Photoshop or other image editing experience.
- Experience with email and website metrics reporting.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Experience and skill in managing multiple tasks and projects over a tight timeframe while producing high-quality results.
- Ability to think on one’s feet and make tricky judgment calls on a regular basis.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including proofreading skills.
- Self-starter who is able to work both independently and collaboratively
- Commitment to American Progress’ mission and goals.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.