American Progress has an immediate opening for a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) Specialist. This position will take ownership and act as a subject matter expert for the organization’s human resources (HR) systems including Ceridian Dayforce, Unanet for time sheets, and Salesforce. The HRIS Specialist will be responsible for current system functionality, including workflows, system dependencies, end-user support, reporting, and analytics, as well as ensuring the integrity of employee data by implementing best practices for processing information. The role will collaborate with the Finance and Information Technology teams to improve system integration, upgrades, and data analysis. A successful candidate must be able to work independently or in a team environment in a fast-paced workplace and interact with members of the organization at all levels. American Progress is seeking a candidate who will learn and understand the organization’s systems in order get the most out of them, as well as make recommendations for changes in the future as needed.
- Ensure employee information is updated in all HR systems with proper documentation and in a timely manner.
- Review, test, and implement the HRIS system (Ceridian Dayforce) upgrades and functionality.
- Troubleshoot system and integration issues, identifying causes and preventing recurrences.
- Identify areas for improvements and make suggestions for enhancements.
- Serve as primary point of contact with HR systems.
- Utilize testing environment to monitor and validate system changes.
- Ensure that HR and employee user configurations are properly assigned and that team members have appropriate user access.
- Assist new hires and new managers with systems by creating communications, tools, and training, including new hire orientation, that will help users access and use the system.
- Stay abreast of current HRIS trends, improvements and techniques.
- Create custom reports as requested by HR and other teams within the organization.
- Maintain and support a variety of reports or queries using appropriate reporting tools.
- Assist in development of standard reports for ongoing customer needs.
- Help maintain data integrity in HRIS system by running queries and analyzing data.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Two years of experience being responsible for employee data in HR systems for payroll, timesheets, performance reviews, directories, organizational charts. American Progress currently uses Ceridian Dayforce for payroll and Unanet for timesheets.
- The ability to take initiative to find and resolve root causes for system errors and malfunctions.
- Technical expertise to understand systems and recommend enhancements and improvements.
- Attention to detail to ensure all employee data are always correct with appropriate documentation.
- Ability to handle confidential information with integrity at all times.
- Ability to provide outstanding internal customer service.
- Strong analytical skills.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.