The Enterprise Applications Technical Support Technician will plan, develop, deliver, and support the enterprise applications for American Progress staff. The technician will assist the Senior Director for Enterprise Systems and Procurement and other IT staff in creating technical documentation, supporting the end user, and monitoring system updates. The position will be tasked with training staff on various IT systems, including Salesforce, Concur, Unanet, Ceridian, SharePoint Online, and Office 365.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide day-to-day technical support to the enterprise applications infrastructure via telephone, email, and web sessions.
- Work closely with the Enterprise Applications team to monitor emerging applications and available upgrades to business applications.
- Manage activities related to maintenance of the application systems.
- Ensure system data integrity is maintained.
- Assist with the procurement of IT services and equipment.
- Remain abreast of new updates and changes to the various IT systems.
- Conduct formal and informal training needs assessments.
- Develop curricula and documentation for application and system training.
- Design, develop, deliver, evaluate, and maintain training in a variety of formats, including in-person—including small-group, large-group, and one-on-one sessions—webinars, screen capture video, and eLearning.
- Produce and maintain training materials, including participant guides, job aids, quick reference guides, and knowledge articles.
- Work with internal subject matter experts, as needed, to ensure training content relevancy and accuracy.
- Consult with end users regularly to identify new training opportunities.
- Plan, write, edit, and maintain up-to-date operational, maintenance, and process/procedural documents. Examples of documentation include: system design documents; application specification documents; reports and dashboard specification documents; integration processes specification documents; and infrastructure requirements specification documents.
- Research and translate technical information into manuals and/or web-based documents for nontechnical and technical users.
- Meet with subject matter experts to write, edit, index, or revise documentation of limited scope and technical complexity, and expand to detailed documentation as directed.
- Ensure adherence to specifications and participate in review of technical documents.
- Provide guidance and direction to staff about content, quality, graphics, coverage, format, and style.
- Review, proofread, or edit complex or technical documents written by others.
- Bachelor’s degree and two or more years of related experience.
- Experience writing technical training materials and conducting training.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, and graphics tools.
- Knowledge of Salesforce, Concur, Unanet, and Confluence is a plus.
- Clear understanding of enterprise technology.
- Fast, in-depth, and self-directed learner.
- Efficient and organized, with keen attention to details.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Instructional design and development skills for IT training.
- Ability to deliver IT training in-person and virtually to diverse audiences and group sizes.
- Experience with gathering and converting data into a written narrative, including specification documentation, application development and implementation plans, and policies.
- Ability to deliver on time, within scope and budget, and under tight deadlines.
- Ability to maintain composure, adapt, and succeed in a rapidly changing, fast-paced environment.
- Interpersonal relations skills.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.