American Progress has an immediate opening for a Salesforce Administrator to join the Salesforce (CRM) team. Salesforce is integrated into every phase of American Progress’ product life cycle—from fundraising, to billing time, to tracking work products, to outreach and analytics. Salesforce is also used for back-office processes such as onboarding, offboarding, inventory, etc.
Working as part of a team, the Salesforce Administrator will oversee the management and enhancement of the platform, as well as contribute to the development and rollout of Salesforce-based solutions. This position is an excellent opportunity for a technologist who is interested in applying innovation to help further progressive policies and ideals.
The ideal candidate is a team player with strong technical abilities and good judgment about which approach to take. They enjoy sharing that knowledge and wisdom with the team and customers to deliver streamlined processes that improve the efficiency of staff members and the organization.
- Work with staff across the organization who use Salesforce, providing training and continued support.
- Work with staff to improve the Salesforce system to better meet their needs and streamline processes.
- Oversee day-to-day activities and operations of a complex, highly customized Salesforce implementation.
- Manage and participate in projects to improve our use of Salesforce, working with staff and external consultants to implement enhancements to the system.
- Manage user roles, security, profiles, workflow rules, and other configuration options.
- Manage data loads and clean up data as needed, as well as create customized reports and dashboards.
- Keep up to date with new Salesforce.com features and best practices applicable to our industry.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least two years of experience as Salesforce Administrator for a large, multifaceted organization—ideally a nonprofit or government agency.
- Strong drive to elicit customers’ problems and opportunities and to make rapid and incremental improvements.
- Experience training and supporting nontechnical staff in the use of Salesforce or other server-based software.
- Strong technical skills, including mastery of workflows, formula fields, validation rules, s-controls, custom buttons, etc.
- Ability to learn quickly as Salesforce rolls out new features and when using existing features for the first time or in a new way.
- Proficient with the basic Salesforce tools, including roles, profiles, page layouts, creating custom objects, record types, etc.—and exercises good judgement deciding what tool to use.
- Proficient with data export/import/use of Excel to facilitate uploads and data transformations.
- Proficient with tools such as Data Loader and Demand Tools.
- Proficient at migrating data between objects or fields.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as troubleshooting expertise.
- Ability to prioritize effectively and escalate issues as required.
- Good team player who helps the team succeed and learn, while taking advantage of opportunities to learn.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with a strong knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Experience with marketing automation and action platforms such as Eloqua, Salsa, NGP Van—particularly experience with managing the integrations between systems—is a plus.
- Process Builder skills is a big plus.
- com Certified Administrator is a plus.
- Understanding of nonprofit organizations is a plus.
- Commitment to the values and ideals advanced by American Progress.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.