American Progress has an immediate opening for a Special Assistant to the Executive team. This position will involve organizing meetings and managing schedules for a member of the Executive team; researching, drafting, and editing materials; organizing events and meetings; and performing other tasks as needed. This position calls for a highly organized individual who pays close attention to detail; maintains the ability to prioritize competing demands; provides timely and concise information; and manages important relationships.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain a high level of organization to ensure the member of the Executive team is able to accomplish daily tasks and long-term responsibilities efficiently.
- Exercise judgment on priority of tasks, meetings, incoming materials for review, pending decisions, and messages.
- Provide research support and occasional drafting of messages, letters, or Executive team reports.
- Prepare briefing books or other materials as needed.
- Communicate effectively to senior management, donors, and others on the behalf of the Executive team member.
- Handle confidential and nonroutine information and matters.
- Draft letters, emails, memos, speeches, and talking points.
- Manage schedules, calendars, and contact lists.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Organize meetings and group events.
- Draft, edit, and proofread documents.
- Take on special projects.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, research, and writing skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize assignments.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.