The Special Events Coordinator works with the events team to plan and execute American Progress’ events, coordinate between departments internally and externally, maintain event calendars, and perform other duties related to organizing and hosting small- and large-scale events.
- Plan and execute small- and large-scale events.
- Coordinate interdepartmentally with Center staff, vendors, and the public.
- Coordinate catering, equipment, technical, and logistical needs for events.
- Write and prepare web-based event invitations and other work-related correspondence.
- Maintain the Center’s events calendar.
- Prepare and process invoices and financial records, coordinating event budget records and projections.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One to two years of event planning experience preferred.
- Capability of handling audio, video, lighting, and live-streaming technologies preferred.
- Superb oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines and beyond normal business hours.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, public relations, and time management skills are a must.
- Ability to handle media interaction.
- Ability to travel for the position when necessary.
- Basic understanding and ability to use Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop, HTML, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and content management systems.
- Nonprofit, political advance, and experience working with 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations are a plus.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you may write to: Center for American Progress, 1333 H St. NW, 10th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title and department of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.