American Progress has an immediate opening for a Data Warehouse/BI Analyst. The position will take an active role in the execution of key business development activities. The role will perform technical administration duties for data warehouse development and maintenance. The position will also provide technical support to build and organize data feeds into our business intelligence systems and create visualizations for internal dashboards and reports.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage the design and maintenance of real-time data warehousing and business intelligence platforms with real-time data acquisition and reporting.
- Work with clients to understand requirements and translate them into the appropriate technical solutions.
- Design, test, and implement business intelligence solutions, including dashboards, drill down/through-paths, and reports within PowerBI and other tools.
- Enhance and automate existing reporting efforts.
- Document analytical methodologies used in the execution of analytical request projects.
- Works with IT project teams on analytics solutions, including migrating to IT supported production solutions.
- Offer training and communication to staff on changes and enhancements to enterprise systems.
- Research current and emerging business intelligence technologies in support of reporting needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, math, or design.
- Five or more years of hands-on experience with data warehousing or business intelligence.
- Experience with integration as a service platforms and business intelligence reporting tools (Workato, PowerBI, Salesforce and others).
- Experience with Saleforce data structure and understanding of how to leverage the platform to integrate with other data sources.
- Hands-on development/coding experience with REST and/or SOAP APIs, including experience using Webhooks.
- Experience in working with SQL Server and other database technologies.
- Experience in developing integrations between SaaS systems.
- The ability to document and understand process maps, data modeling, and data flow diagrams.
- Possess a basic understanding of the enterprise architecture.
- Management and documentation tools such as Jira and Confluence; diagramming tools such as Visio or Gliffy.
- Knowledge of integrations with Unanet is a plus.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Understanding of and/or prior experience working for nonprofits organizations is a plus.
- Commitment to the value and ideas advanced by American Progress.
- Ability to think creatively and critically with a knack for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with large amounts of information and see the bigger picture to deliver results with aggressive timelines.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time, and project management skills.
- Motivated, self-driven, and fast learner with the ability to keep up to date with fast-changing trends.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.