American Progress has an immediate opening for a Data Warehouse/BI Analyst. The position will take an active role in the execution of key business development activities. The Data Warehouse/BI Analyst will perform technical administration duties for data warehouse development and maintenance. They will also provide technical support to build and organize data that feed into American Progress’ business intelligence (BI) systems and create visualizations for internal dashboards and reports.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Manage the design and maintenance of real-time data warehousing and BI platforms with real-time data acquisition and reporting.
- Work with clients to understand requirements and translate them into the appropriate technical solutions.
- Design, test, and implement BI solutions, including dashboards; drill-down/through-paths; and reports within Power BI and other tools.
- Enhance and automate existing reporting efforts.
- Document analytical methodologies used in the execution of analytical request projects.
- Work with IT project teams on analytics solutions migrating to IT-supported production solutions.
- Communicate with staff about changes and enhancements to enterprise systems, and train them to navigate those changes and enhancements.
- Research current and emerging BI technologies in support of reporting needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in computer science, math, or design.
- Five or more years of hands-on experience with data warehousing or BI.
- Experience with integration as a service platforms and BI reporting tools, including Workato, Power BI, Salesforce, and others.
- Experience with Salesforce.com data structure and an understanding of how to leverage the platform to integrate with other data sources.
- Hands-on development/coding experience with REST and/or SOAP application program interfaces, including experience using webhooks.
- Experience in working with SQL Server and other database technologies.
- Experience in developing integrations between software as a service systems.
- Ability to document and understand process maps, data modeling, and data flow diagrams.
- Basic understanding of the enterprise architecture.
- Experience with management and documentation tools such as Jira and Confluence.
- Experience with diagramming tools such as Visio or Gliffy.
- Knowledge of integrations with Unanet is a plus.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Understanding of and/or prior experience working for nonprofit organizations is a plus.
- Commitment to the values and ideas advanced by American Progress.
Desired skills include:
- Ability to think creatively and critically with a knack for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to work with large amounts of information and see the bigger picture to deliver results on rigorous timelines.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills.
- Motivated, self-driven, and fast learner with the ability to keep up-to-date with fast-changing trends.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.