American Progress has an immediate opening for a desktop support manager. The position will help maintain a mixed environment of desktops, laptops, and mobile devices using Microsoft and Mac operating system software and applications and manage day-to-day customer support and service. This person must understand advanced network concepts, security policy, virtual private networking, Microsoft Office 365, Windows Server 2012 domains, and other cloud-based technologies. The desktop support manager will enhance and maintain the organization’s expectation of customer service by effectively tracking and disseminating information; troubleshooting; using all available services and support tools; and managing a team of three technical resources.
- Assure users are provided with efficient and timely first- and second-level support, which requires performing any task assigned to the Desktop Support team and responding to support after hours.
- Coordinate staff scheduling to ensure desktop support coverage during normal business hours and on-call support as required.
- Manage the performance evaluations, promotions, and hiring and disciplinary responsibilities of the Desktop Support team.
- Ensure adherence to all information technology (IT) processes and policies for customer response, follow-up, and incident resolution.
- Solve problems and make daily decisions related to the Desktop Support team’s responsibilities.
- Ensure that effective desktop support representation takes place for the coordination of work processes and projects with other departments.
- Contribute actively and creatively to the growth and advancement of the team.
- Manage multiple projects to ensure that deliverables and milestones are reached by the team.
- Use metrics, analysis, and report generation to manage the team.
- Create and maintain user and computer accounts and systems configurations on a variety of applications and systems, including LAN and remote access services.
- User account administration, including Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory, and other IT platforms; creation and maintenance of user accounts and groups; implementation of file-level and share-level security; and user rights relating to shares and permissions.
- Responsible for the implementation and management of Active Directory, System Center Configuration Manager, and other network infrastructure tools.
- Responsible for managing cloud-based technologies, including Microsoft Dynamics SL, Office 365, OneDrive, and SharePoint as well as technical resources for Concur, Replicon, and Salesforce for end users.
- Develop and document new and existing procedures or processes that will result in improvements and/or documentation for archival purposes.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert certification.
- Experience supporting users of Windows and Mac computers and laptops in a Windows network infrastructure of a medium-sized corporate environment.
- Knowledge of IT management and monitoring solutions such as Kaseya CMS, Webroot, and Addigy.
- Must have technical hands-on knowledge in the following areas:
- Microsoft Office 365, Windows Servers, System Center Configuration Manager, OneDrive, and SharePoint
- Windows 8.1 operating system; knowledge of Windows 10 is a plus
- Windows Server Update Services, including Microsoft Security and third-party deployment updates
- Mac OS
- Must enjoy working with others and collaborating with various stakeholders.
- At least three years of management experience in a technology customer support or customer service environment.
- Confident and professional manner when dealing with peers and organizational personnel at all levels.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex topics and procedures with team members and all other organizational personnel.
- Attention to detail, organizational skills, time management, and focus.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills when faced with multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direct supervision is necessary.
- Proven knowledge and expertise in administering mission-critical systems in a production environment.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to American Progress’ mission and goals.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com.
Or you may write to: Center for American Progress, 1333 H St. NW, 10th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title and department of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.