American Progress is seeking a Windows Security and Systems Engineer to join the Technology Development team. This person will work closely with members of the Operations team, the Desktop Support team, and external consultants to ensure Windows systems are running securely and according to established best practices.
This position requires a strong attention to detail, excellent project management skills, and the ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Primary technical lead for Windows server and network related infrastructure, including Microsoft Office 365 and Azure environments.
- Implement and monitor security best practices on Windows systems according to established policies.
- Suggest areas for improvement in internal processes along with possible solutions.
- Lead internal teams and task forces on a project level.
- Comply with and help enforce American Progress policies and procedures.
- Maintain documentation for systems and procedures under area of responsibility.
- Back up support for network and security technologies, including switches, firewall, and routers.
Help desk/asset management
- Escalation point for Desktop Support team for Windows-related issues.
- Primary support lead for Windows-related operations tickets.
- Interact with internal clients on all levels to help resolve IT-related issues and provide answers in a manner that meets the department’s SLA.
- Ensure company assets under the responsibility of the Windows Administrator are properly documented and maintained.
- Manage vendors, including coordinating projects and assigning troubleshooting tickets to American Progress’ MSP to ensure SLAs are being met and work is being completed to American Progress standards.
- Manage the process of innovative change effectively.
- Ability to work independently.
- Remain on the forefront of emerging industry practices.
- Seek and participate in professional development opportunities above and beyond training required by American Progress.
- Lead trainings and generally mentor members of the Desktop Support team to improve their knowledge of Windows systems and infrastructure.
- Effectively communicate relevant IT-related information to superiors.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Understand how to communicate difficult and sensitive information tactfully.
- Relay relevant IT-related information to the company in a timely manner.
- Set and manage internal client expectations.
- Communicate effectively with internal clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase internal client satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree; computer science or related degree preferable.
- Three to five years of relevant IT experience.
- Proven project management and organization skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Server—2008-2016—and client products—Windows 8.1-10—in an enterprise, multi-VLAN environment.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows server environments including DNS, DHCP, RADIUS, Active Directory multidomain forests, and Windows security best practices.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 environment, including DirSync and hybrid Exchange.
- Knowledge of Hyper-V cluster environments, including Hyper-V replication and SAN environments.
- Knowledge of wireless network infrastructure; Aruba Network Access Control systems is a plus.
- Experience deploying server infrastructure in Azure is a strong plus.
- Proficient in PowerShell; ability to write PowerShell scripts is a plus.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Intune and Information Rights Management.
- Knowledge of Apple Mac OS X client and server is a plus.
- Knowledge of ITIL concepts and best practices.
- Basic Linux skills.
- Experience with SIEM systems, including search and investigations.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.