American Progress has an immediate opening for an Email Marketing Associate with the Strategic Outreach team. The Email Marketing Associate helps promote progressive policies and ideas among targeted audiences. The position is a part of the Strategic Outreach team, which is responsible for marketing American Progress’ work to highly segmented audiences, including elected officials; national, state, and local advocates; policy organizations and think tanks; and more.
- Draft audience-appropriate summary text to market American Progress’ work and code emails in HTML for a variety of email types, including newsletters, event invitations, report releases, and more.
- Manage the email send process from start to finish, working with the Strategic Outreach team and various policy teams to finalize content and schedule.
- Collaborate closely with teammates to translate policy ideas into email marketing and to maintain our high-quality email production process.
- Help monitor American Progress’ main reply inboxes and fulfill unsubscribe requests as well as other list health tasks as needed.
- Represent the Strategic Outreach team in trainings and meetings.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- One to three years of experience in online communications and email marketing, ideally at a nonprofit, public policy, or political organization.
- Working knowledge of HTML.
- Experience working with an email marketing platform or customer relationship management (CRM), such as MailChimp, Constant Contact, Salsa, or NGP VAN.
- Ability to craft messaging for different marketing needs, including report summaries, action campaigns, and fundraising.
- Superb attention to detail.
- Experience and skill managing multiple tasks and projects over a tight time frame while producing high-quality results.
- Ability to think on one’s feet and make tricky judgment calls on a regular basis.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills as well as proofreading skills.
- Self-starter who is able to work both independently and collaboratively.
- Commitment to the values and ideals advanced by American Progress.
- Knowledge of email design best practices.
- CSS experience.
- Experience with email and web metrics reporting.
- Adobe Photoshop or other image editing experience.
- Familiarity with progressive public policy.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com.
Or you may write to: Center for American Progress, 1333 H St. NW, 10th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title and department of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.