ThinkProgress is seeking a YouTube Producer to manage and grow its newsroom’s video presence. This position will be responsible for maintaining ThinkProgress’ YouTube channel; overseeing video distribution; and producing and editing content for a YouTube audience.
Expert knowledge of distribution, attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and familiarity with video content for YouTube are a must. Ideal candidates will think creatively about video production and distribution; have strong news sensibilities; have a strong understanding of analytics; and have a desire to advance progressive values through fact-based reporting.
- Work closely with the Director of Video to develop and implement a video strategy.
- Manage ThinkProgress’ YouTube channel with the intent to grow its subscriber base.
- Distribute quick turnaround and long-format videos on YouTube and other social platforms, and ThinkProgress.org.
- Track and interpret video analytics.
- Closely monitor the news and pitch story ideas.
- Produce and edit original videos.
- Facebook Live, when necessary.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Two to four years of relevant professional experience; internships and personal projects are included.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and politics and how they intersect with the news.
- Strong understanding of search engine optimization and audience engagement.
- Deep knowledge of YouTube toolkit.
- Sound editorial and ethical judgment.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience with Adobe Premiere Pro or other nonlinear editing software.
- Experience with Facebook Live is a plus.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by WGA East.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com.
Or you may write to: Center for American Progress, 1333 H St. NW, 10th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title and department of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.