Are you a fast video editor who is impassioned by politics? ThinkProgress is seeking a dynamic Producer/Editor to join our team and help grow our video presence online. This person will be responsible for pitching, producing, and editing quick-turnaround videos that revolve around the daily news cycle, with regular opportunities to work on longer, more in-depth stories.
The ideal candidate thinks outside the box and is able be able to identify themes within the media and political landscape. Candidates must come to work ready with multiple pitches to creatively execute. We want this person to care about the truth as much as we do. Loving politics is a must.
In addition to producing their own videos, this person will also work directly with editors and reporters to create compelling visual complements for ThinkProgress’ written content. Excellent editing skills with a strong attention to detail is required. Motions graphics and/or camera skills are a plus.
- Work in collaboration with ThinkProgress’ editorial staff to produce short-form video content.
- Closely monitor the news and generate original ideas for videos.
- Pitch, produce, and edit one to two short-form videos daily.
- Think creatively about quick-turn video formats.
- Producer longer-form content and Facebook Live, as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- One to two years of relevant experience.
- A solid understanding of progressive values and politics and how they intersect with the news.
- High proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro or other nonlinear editing software.
- Sound editorial and ethical judgment.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience with motion graphics, shooting video, and YouTube is preferred but not required.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by WGA East.
Please follow the link below to the online application. When completing the application, be sure to combine your cover letter and resume/CV into one Word or PDF file and upload this combined document. The system does not allow for multiple files.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.