Are you a fast editor and a news junkie with a desire to advance progressive values through fact-based reporting? ThinkProgress is seeking a talented Producer/Editor to join its video team and produce short-form news content. This position will be required to consistently generate story ideas and work creatively and efficiently to turn around exciting new videos daily.
Excellent editing skills, attention to detail, and the ability to work independently are a must. Ideal candidates will also think creatively about video editing, have strong news sensibilities, and be familiar with video content for the internet. Motion graphics and/or camera skills are a plus.
- Collaborate with ThinkProgress’ editorial staff to produce short-form video content.
- Closely monitor the news and generate original ideas for videos.
- Efficiently produce and edit one to two short-form videos daily.
- Locate legal footage in compliance with U.S. copyright law.
- Brainstorm creative ideas for new formats for quick-turnaround video.
- Facebook Live, when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- At least one year of professional experience video editing; internships and personal projects are included.
- A solid understanding of progressive values and politics and how they intersect with the news.
- High proficiency with Adobe Premiere Pro or other nonlinear editing software.
- Sound editorial and ethical judgment.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience with motion graphics, shooting video, and YouTube is preferred but not required.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by WGA East.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com.
Or you may write to: Center for American Progress, 1333 H St. NW, 10th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title and department of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.