American Progress has an immediate opening for the role of Research Associate for Energy and Environment Policy. The Research Associate will work with the Energy and Environment Policy team to conduct research on energy and climate change policy. A successful Research Associate will be detail-oriented, have a close familiarity with key energy policy issues and concepts, and possess strong writing skills. Experience and interest in working on transportation issues a plus.
- Conduct and support research and analysis on domestic energy and climate policy issues, including conducting literature reviews, proofreading, fact-checking, and editing documents.
- Draft policy reports, short policy columns, and articles to influence the policy debate on key energy and climate issues.
- Engage in rapid response to policy developments, including drafting articles, op-eds, blog posts, and social media posts and shareables.
- Coordinate and plan meetings and events as needed.
- Represent American Progress in external meetings with Capitol Hill staff, coalition partners, and media contacts to advance American Progress’ work.
- Develop expertise in assigned areas of responsibility.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Two or more years of professional experience in energy policy or related field required. Experience with transportation policy issues a plus.
- Must be able to work under the pressure of deadlines in a team setting.
- Excellent research and analytical skills, including strong quantitative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to communicate complicated policy matters for a nontechnical audience.
- Commitment to American Progress’ mission and goals
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you may write to: Center for American Progress, 1333 H St. NW, 10th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title and department of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.