American Progress is seeking a Digital Coordinator who will manage and implement digital communications efforts, including our daily email newsletter and social media assets. This position calls for a highly organized, detail-oriented, and responsible individual with very strong writing skills whom the staff can rely on to work independently and produce high-quality digital content quickly. The right candidate will demonstrate an ability to multitask, set priorities in a fast-paced environment, and have creative ideas for the digital space as well as political acumen and sensitivity to policy issues. Applicants must have excellent communication and organizational skills, pay careful attention to deadlines and follow-up communications, and stay attuned to current events. Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact well with high-level communications and policy professionals are important.
- Develop and deploy digital content through social media and email.
- Manage CAP Action’s social media presence.
- Write first drafts of “The Progress Report,” CAP Action’s daily email newsletter.
- With the Managing Director of Digital Communications, help create a long-term digital strategy that proactively generates leads, list acquisition, and opportunities to engage online communities.
- Report and analyze social media and email analytics, measuring return on investment.
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the organization’s digital efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Two or more years of online campaigns and digital marketing experience, including background in paid online advertising and list building; background in nonprofit digital marketing is preferred.
- Experience growing audiences across social platforms.
- Solid understanding of progressive values and politics and how they intersect with the news.
- Detail oriented; ability to juggle multiple projects with different deadlines in a given day.
- Flexibility to work in a highly creative and multifaceted environment.
- Sound editorial and ethical judgment.
This position is part of a bargaining unit represented by IFPTE Local 70.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you may write to: Center for American Progress, 1333 H St. NW, 10th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title and department of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.