American Progress seeks an experienced Payroll and Benefits Coordinator for a midsized organization. The ideal candidate is highly skilled, detail oriented, and motivated with a proven history of delivering results. He or she has recent experience processing payroll and administering benefit programs for a medium-sized organization. He or she will provide a full range of day-to-day HR support in the primary areas of payroll and benefits but will provide support in other areas.
- Compile, prepare, and input payroll data.
- Review timesheets to ensure accuracy.
- Process biweekly transfer of payroll data to Ceridian.
- Facilitate employee understanding of payroll procedures.
- Prepare and pull weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end management reports using various software (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation and sick leave accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
- Review all year-end documents (such as W-2’s, Form 1095, etc) for accuracy and distribution.
- Communicate with federal and state tax offices, as needed.
- Manage 401(k) informational sessions.
- Prepare and post employee deferral report per pay period.
- Distribute all required information and notices to staff.
Benefit enrollment and administration
- Manage employee enrollments through Ceridian Benefits Portal.
- Distribute, collect, and process health care, long-term disability, life insurance, and other enrollments and terminations.
- Collect SmartTrip information and add/delete staff from system.
- Maintain census information as required by each provider.
- Review and submit provider invoices for payment.
- Distribute all required benefits notices to staff.
General HR administration
- Timesheet administration, including new hire setups, leave questions, and timesheet approval through Replicon.
- Will also perform project work as necessary and other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Strong knowledge of Ceridian payroll system preferred.
- Minimum of three years in an HR role managing payroll processes required.
- Strong knowledge relating to payroll and benefits.
- Multistate payroll processing experience preferred.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with all levels and build strong relationships.
- Strong administrative skills, including high proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Must be self-directed with ability to multitask and prioritize.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to produce error-free work.
- Must be flexible and adaptive to change, take initiative, and be accountable for actions.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com.
Or you may write to: Center for American Progress, 1333 H St. NW, 10th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title and department of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls, please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize the progressive agenda: the Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name “American Progress.” The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid-response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org. For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.