Policy Analyst, Faith and Progressive Policy
Reports to: Director of Faith and Progressive Policy
Staff reporting to this position: None
Position classification: Exempt, full-time
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Faith Team Policy Analyst. The analyst will work under the direction of the Director of Faith and Public Policy on a variety of policy issues, with a strong focus on religious liberty. The analyst’s responsibilities will span across several issue areas, including economic inequality, religious liberty, and related issues. The analyst will work both independently and with American Progress's other policy teams to produce new research for the Faith team and the Center.
- Conduct original research, synthesize and analyze existing research.
- Co-author, author, edit, and proofread accessible policy briefs and reports.
- Collaborate with American Progress’s policy teams on projects and events.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key policy leaders outside of the organization.
- Assist in the coordination and planning of meetings and events as needed.
- Attend internal meetings as well as external events and panel discussions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- At least five years of relevant work experience.
- Proven expertise in the area of religious liberty.
- Knowledge of, and experience with, faith communities, particularly faith-based advocacy for justice.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Familiarity with economic inequality issues.
- Strong ability to conceptualize problems.
- Strong ability to manipulate and analyze data.
- Strong ability to formulate policy recommendations.
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to initiate projects and balance multiple projects at once.
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work well on a team.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals.
- Graduate degree or legal training a plus.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org.
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaction.org.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com.
Or you may write to: Center for American Progress, 1333 H St. NW, 10th Floor, Washington, D.C., 20005.
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize our progressive agenda: The Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name "American Progress." The Center for American Progress is a nonpartisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a nonpartisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.