World Reporter, ThinkProgress
Reports to: ThinkProgress Editor-in-Chief
Staff reporting to this position: None
Position classification: Exempt, full-time
American Progress has an immediate opening for a reporter to work with the team that produces ThinkProgress.
- Cover developments in international news for ThinkProgress by both building on previous coverage and conducting original reporting.
- Build relationships with sources in the diplomatic, government, security, and intelligence communities.
- Report from political and policy events in Washington, D.C., and beyond.
- Other research and reporting projects as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong research and writing experience.
- Familiarity with foreign policy, politics, current events, and the relevant experts.
- Broad interest in international affairs and national security.
- Familiarity with ThinkProgress and the debates among the foreign policy and progressive communities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly respond to news developments.
- Knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, RSS, social media, and media-monitoring services is helpful but not required.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org.
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaaction.org.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize our progressive agenda: The Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name "American Progress." The Center for American Progress is a non-partisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a non-partisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.