Help Desk Technician I
Reports to: Director of Information Technology
Staff reporting to this position: None
Position classification: Exempt, full-time
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Help Desk Technician I to manage and maintain technology support and best practices. The Technician will help develop, execute, and maintain current and new workflows and processes that strengthen the organization’s effective use of technology while providing quality service to American Progress’s staff.
- Field the organization’s user community requests and support calls.
- Enter incoming inventory into the organization’s inventory management system.
- Assist with providing mobile devices and managing their inventory.
- Assist with imaging of desktop computers.
- Handle routine desktop support tasks, including user setups, equipment moves, and troubleshooting.
- Work alongside other information technology staff to solve more complex support tasks.
- Document procedures for support tasks.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Strong ability to analyze and troubleshoot technical problems.
- Two years of experience in desktop and/or help desk support.
- Two years of experience supporting and maintaining Windows 8 workstations in an active directory, or AD, environment.
- Experience supporting users via Remote Desktop.
- Mac OS X support experience highly desirable.
- BlackBerry handheld support experience highly desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred.
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals.
Internal software and access requirements:
- Microsoft Office 365 Portal
- Network User
- Network Administrator
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org.
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaaction.org.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com.
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize our progressive agenda: The Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name "American Progress." The Center for American Progress is a non-partisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a non-partisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.