Ad Sales Manager
Reports to: Editor-in-Chief, ThinkProgress
Staff reporting to this position: None
Position classification: Exempt, full-time
American Progress has an immediate opening for an Ad Sales Manager to work with ThinkProgress. ThinkProgress is a nonprofit online news publication focusing on a wide variety of progressive issues, including climate change, economic policy, health care reform, and immigration. This position is designed to increase ThinkProgress’s revenue through direct and programmatic sales.
- Research and connect with ad companies to sell ad space on the ThinkProgress website.
- Negotiate ad sale contracts and rates.
- Pitch new sales ideas to the Editor-in-Chief.
- Develop models/standards of practice for future sales.
- Collaborate with the Legal team to confirm and monitor contractual obligations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-plus years’ experience in advertising/sales.
- Familiarity with ad platforms such as DoubleClick for Publishers and similar programs (Criteo, Taboola, etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge of contract negotiation.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Commitment to American Progress’s mission and goals.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org.
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaaction.org.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com.
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize our progressive agenda: The Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name "American Progress." The Center for American Progress is a non-partisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a non-partisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.