Senior Policy Analyst, Housing Finance and Policy
Reports to: Director, Housing Finance and Policy
Department: Economic Policy
Staff reporting to this position: None
Position classification: Exempt, full-time
American Progress has an immediate opening for a Senior Policy Analyst on our Economic Policy team. The analyst will work under the direction of the Director of Housing Finance and Policy on a variety of housing-related issues. The position requires strong analytic and writing abilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conducting original research and analysis of housing policy issues, including preparing and/or analyzing housing data.
- Drafting columns, op-eds, and other short written products on housing policy issues, often on tight deadlines.
- Writing longer reports and regulatory comments with references and documentation.
- Speaking on behalf of the organization at external meetings and public events and to the media.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key policymakers and thought leaders outside of the organization.
- Representing the organization in coalitions and other advocacy efforts.
- Planning and coordinating events and large meetings.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Requirements and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least seven years of professional experience, or a graduate degree in law, public policy, or related fields and at least five years of professional experience.
- Commitment to American Progress’s mission and goals.
- Background in affordable rental housing, community development, and/or other areas of housing policy.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to produce products quickly.
- Ability to work well within a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multitask.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org.
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaaction.org.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com.
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize our progressive agenda: The Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name "American Progress." The Center for American Progress is a non-partisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a non-partisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.