Investigative Reporter, ThinkProgress
Reports to: Editor-in-Chief, ThinkProgress
Staff reporting to this position: None
Position classification: Exempt, Full-Time
American Progress has an immediate opening for an Investigative Reporter to work at ThinkProgress and assist with data collection, research, reporting, and writing.
- Pursue long-term investigations on a variety of issues using research methods.
- Monitor print and television media.
- Collect and analyze both current and historical data, quotes, and information.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements:
- Strong research and writing experience.
- Familiarity with public records, Nexis, THOMAS, and spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with ThinkProgress and the progressive blogosphere.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to quickly respond to news developments.
- Ability to generate original ideas for stories and investigations.
- Knowledge of HTML, Photoshop, and social media helpful but not required.
- At least two years of experience in journalism or research.
American Progress provides a competitive compensation and benefits package.
American Progress is an equal opportunity employer; women, minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For more information on the Center for American Progress, please go to www.americanprogress.org.
For more information on the Center for American Progress Action Fund, please go to www.americanprogressaaction.org.
E-mail your Word resume and cover letter attachments to: email@example.com.
Or you may write to:
Center for American Progress
1333 H Street, NW, 10th Floor
Washington, DC 20005
In your correspondence, please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. No phone calls please.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from American Progress.
Thank you for your interest in American Progress.
American Progress operates two separate nonprofit organizations to maximize our progressive agenda: The Center for American Progress and the Center for American Progress Action Fund. This job posting refers collectively to the two organizations under the name "American Progress." The Center for American Progress is a non-partisan 501(c)(3) tax-exempt research and educational institute. It undertakes research, public education and a limited amount of lobbying. The Center for American Progress Action Fund is a non-partisan 501(c)(4) tax-exempt organization dedicated to achieving progress through action. It works to transform progressive ideas into policy through rapid response communications, legislative action, grassroots organizing, political advocacy, and partnerships with other progressive leaders. The organizations share office space and employees.